• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse suddendly crashing using widget with message "Can't copy BPANode from itself"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I can't no more working on my project since I wanted to add a button using widget library.

Now, a simple copy-paste from anything on a page is crashing Adobe Muse with the following message : "Can't copy BPANode from itself"

Any idea to help me recovering my project ?

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Hi,

Happy to inform you that this crash is fixed and is available in our latest pre-release.

We suggest you as well to try our latest pre-release - Adobe Prerelease and let us know if the file works fine.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Muse 2018.0 on an iMac intel Core 2 Duo from 2009 with Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cata,

Many appologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I've send you a copy of the file - please let me know if you don't receive it. If its possible, could you please post a solution to this issue here?

Thanks

Veronica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, did you find the solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mihkelm,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue? I'm experiencing the same since the start of this year. The project opened fine in December. OSX and Muse haven't been updated in the interim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want few user file for investigating this issue. Therefore we would request you please follow the instructions mentioned above and share your affected .muse file with us.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush, I've messaged you the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file.

It's been sent to our engineering team for further investigation and fix.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates from the engineering team? Turns out it wasn't the widget I suspected as I stripped the site right back, rebuilt - which took a very long time - and now the error has returned. I've tried the earlier version of Muse and trashed the preferences but no love. This is killing me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy to inform you that this crash is fixed and is available in our latest pre-release.

We suggest you as well to try our latest pre-release - Adobe Prerelease and let us know if the file works fine.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the prerelease latest version and still get this error?

I am duplicating the circle frame and then i get this error, which shuts down adobe muse right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I still get the error message using the pre-release version as well. It occurs a little less than before - I save and upversion before performing actions known to cause the crash such as duplicating and adding images to a slideshow - but it still happens frustratingly frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines