Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i want to learn how to code and create a website and publish it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to learn to code to make a webpage. Adobe Muse makes it really easy to create dynamic webpages without having to dig into coding and Dreamweaver gives you even more power, but, again, you don't need to know code to use it.

Now, there are several different kinds of code used on the web. There is HTML, JavaScript, and CSS among others. How experienced are you with any of these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse doesn't require an understanding of coding fundamentals, however Dreamweaver certainly does.

Without a firm grasp of the basics of html, css and some javascript, Dreamweaver gives a completely new designer the ability to irrevocably destroy their website with little to no guidance on how to correct problems once they arise. Without that base knowledge, DW can be a frustrating mess of menus that mean absolutely nothing to the designer, within an interface that feels extremely limited, especially if that person is coming from the Print world. With the basics under your belt, you can make DW do just about anything you want when it comes to html and css, and very quickly.

All websites are based on HTML. Learn that first if you want to truly understand what you're doing online. This will get you started...

http://www.w3schools.com/html

CSS adds style (colors, borders, backgrounds, positioning, etc) to your HTML and allows you to create things like drop down menus and special effects like transitions and animations. This is a good primer on css...

http://www.w3schools.com/css

If you don't have any interest in becoming code literate, use Adobe Muse. It was developed specifically for designers who don't want to work with code and feels much more like a page layout program (the interface is much more intuitive without needing to understand the underlying "why").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda.com is a good website for tutorials on web development. Jon mentions the tutorials at w3cschools. The nice thing about those is they are free. I think the collection at Lynda.com is better, though it isn't free.

You must learn HTML and CSS first. After that, Javascript and/or jQuery. After that, PHP and SQL. There are many other related technologies you may need to learn, depending on what kinds of websites you wish to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For making a website, you need to know three fundamental facts:

1. Learn programming language such as HTML, JavaScript, CSS.

2. Purchase a domain

3. Purchase Hosting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lets connect , we could build nice websited toghter. I can guide you from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am interested, its my hobby and cannot get it out of my mind, I have Dreamweaver CS6 plus I have a business mindset and at least 15 level 1 domains. I can use WP and other CMS but need to build sites myself that's why I have DW etc. Its my way to do what I always wanted to but was constrained by my business and employee's needs.

Then when I can design a site and do it myself, I will be happy to pay others to design what I want-knowing that I can understand what they say and mean. And I will be able to give precise instructions of my requirements.

For me its all about knowing how to set it up, design it. Then being able to set the requirements for a new business idea. Then when its done- - move on to another interesting project, I have lots. Anyone else interested let me know.

Gordan70+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GUGU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines