• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm Having Problems with Lightroom Update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Lightroom to the New version from 7.1 but around 5 mins into running Lightroom it will freeze and then come up with a Send Error Report which once an option is chosen it will then shut down completely. I tried this a few times timing it each time which still around 5 mins will keep doing the same, after about 5-6 times I noticed on starting Lightroom it began to not recognise the Hard Drive where my Photo's are stored so checking My PC noticed the whole drive had completely disappeared including the drive partition that is System Reserved. I then switched off my PC and left it for a few hours and came back to it to which my drives had appeared back again so tried starting Lightroom again and still around 5 mins into it running it froze up again and then crashed with Error report coming up again, after it close down my PC was telling me I low disk space on the drive I keep all my photo's etc when I have in fact 1.3 TB free remaining. I then decided to roll back the Lightroom update to an earlier version 7.1 and started up Lightroom and ran it for over an hour with no problems and have tried it for a couple of days with no problems and no warnings about any of my drives. Today I thought I would just try Lightroom again just in case it was just a corrupted update so this time I uninstalled it first then done a fresh New Install of Lightroom, once downloaded I started Lightroom up and began to use it and yet again 5 mins into it running it froze with the crash report again.

My PC specs are Gigabyte Z87X Motherboard

Kingston Hyper X SSD Drive for Boot drive which also runs Photoshop, Lightroom, Gaming Clients, Video Editing Software etc

Seagate Barracuda 2TB Drive for Storage, Photo's, Video's, Documents, Music etc

Seagate Firecuda 2TB Drive for Games

Gigabyte GTX970 G1Gaming Graphics Card

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1866+ Memory

AOC 27" Full HD Monitor running 1080p resolution

Gave as much information as possible with the specs as to give as much information on what Lightroom is running on. Hope this helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skorpion,

We really apologize for all the trouble caused you. Could you please share the Lightroom crash logs with us? You can find the crash logs in event viewer, refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements-editor/using/find-crashlogs.html

Also, please turn off the GPU from the Lightroom 7.2 preferences and let us know if that helps? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > deselect GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I have updated to version 7.2 and started Lightroom up again then Disabling the GPU and restarted as asked which around 6 mins it then froze and crashed again. I have done a screen shot of the latest error code from the crash, hope this helps, Dave

Crash Report.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the crash logs, please remove the QuickTime player from your machine and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have created a change.org petition to stop Adobe from increasing our subscription prices until they stop causing catastrophic problems with every update. Please sign to help stop this madness.

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-stop-adobe-creative-cloud-price-increase

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines