Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2018 crashes immediately after launch on OS X El Capitan

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I installed the update CS 2018 and since then I can't work on Illustrator: it crashes when I open or I create a document. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled CS 2018, without success. Someone would have an idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed was the option "Import previous settings and preferences" checked in the advanced options that appeared during the install? If so please see this post from the Illustrator FAQ: CC 2018 Illustrator—Don't Import previous settings and preferences . Poor performance with CC 2018 has happened for many people who used this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, I didn't activate this option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact, it works if I don't allow auto-activation of fonts in Font Agent (8.1.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it appears that Font Agent is the culprit. Are you using the latest plug-in for it? Always make sure when you update that any third party plug-ins are updated at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's the case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines