• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ResourceSynchronizer key-chain popup || Adobe Reader || Mac

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I receive a message every time I start Adobe PDF Pack, where you want to access my keychain with Mac.

AdobeResourceSynchronizer wants to use the confidential infomartion in "v3.services.acrobat.com" in your keychain.

If you allow this, enter the password for the "Login" key ring. Is this to be trusted? // Nils Erik

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keychain is a secure place to keep passwords. All Mac apps are encouraged to use it for their own passwords. So it sounds as if an Adobe app is trying to use an Adobe password. Sounds fine to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nils-erikn,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As Aandi correctly mentioned that Keychain is a secure place to keep the password, and the Adobe app is trying to keep the login password for Adobe.

If you want to add the password and keep getting the pop-up again, please check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

If you still get the pop-up, try the following steps mentioned below:

• Please enter the computer password and click on "Always allow".

If above does not work, then please try the following steps:

1. Go to ‘Keychain access’. Select 'login' from left side pane > search for 'v4.services.acrobat.com' from the corresponding list > double click on it > select 'Access control'.
  2. If there’s an entry of 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc' delete it by clicking on '-'. Press 'Save changes' and provide your password.

3. Then manually get the plugin added. For that please click on '+' and traverse to the location /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices and select 'com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64.xpc'.

4. Press 'Save changes' and provide your password.

If this also does not work, then try:

• Open keychain. Right click on 'Login' from left-hand pane and select 'change settings for keychain login'.

• Make sure both the options are unchecked as shown in the images below. If the options are checked then ‘login’ keychain might be getting locked after some time and that’s why it’s asking for the password to unlock it whenever it needs to access ‘login’ keychain

Let us know how it goes, and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was no 'com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64.xpc' in Access control and in "change settings for keychain login" both boxes were already unchecked. In my Mac User Account Login items AdobeResourceSynchronizer does not appear. So, I don't know what to try next .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines