Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop-up ads in Photoshop! Who knew!?

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, nice folks at Adobe!

Lately, I get these "helpful" feature advertisements popping up (see below).

I'm sure the stuff in there is great. But, when I'm working, this is honestly the last thing I'd like to see.

First, what is this even called? I've disabled "Rich Tooltips."

For now, I'm just calling it a pop-up ad.

How do I stop this from happening?

If there's no setting, in what folder would I find the assets for these things so I can delete them?

If these assets are fed through online streaming, what's the best way to disable Photoshop from accessing the internet so that I never see this again?

Thanks!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like "Can I help you with this?" a bit like Microsoft's old "Clippy".

You may need to turn off 3D/Rich Cursors as well shown in the link.  Also click "Close" on any tutorial instead of "Later".

That's what I do and it never pops up again.

How do I disable the annoying but "helpful" video windows that pop up when hovering over a tool?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clippy's ghost rises again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clippy Wiki entry:

The program was widely reviled among users as intrusive and annoying,[21][22] and was criticized even within Microsoft. Microsoft's internal codename TFC had a derogatory origin: Steven Sinofsky[11] states that "C" stood for "clown", while allowing his readers to guess what "TF" might stand for. Smithsonian Magazine called Clippit "one of the worst software design blunders in the annals of computing".[23] Time magazine included Clippit in a 2010 article listing the fifty worst inventions.[24]

In a nutshell, Adobe: WHY? WHY OH WHY? Those "rich tooltips" and pop-up ads are a terrible design decision, and the only reason they are now in the latest version is to advertise other Adobe tools that (almost) no-one uses or is aware of. Using Photoshop as a donkey to bring the message to the people, I guess.

Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it related to the new learn palette is Adobe trying to replace Photoshop elements with Photoshop and also get ad revenue? More things in preferences to uncheck

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines