• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recently updated Acrobat Pro DC and crashing during edits

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Acrobat Pro DC. Since the update, it keeps crashing when I try to use the edit tool. The error message reads " Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working". I've gone as far as uninstalling and re-installing the program.

Is there a bug in the new update?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

I did figure this problem out. Deleting the custom preferences files did not work but I went ahead in the Toolbar and reset and deleted all the quick links I had. Once doing that, it was in working order again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to Acrobat forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KMuolo,

Could you please share dot version of Acrobat DC installed on the machine? To check the version, you may refer to the steps given in this link: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

And, the operating system you are using?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is the dot version: 18.011.20035

I am on Windows PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Could you please try editing another pdf file in Acrobat to check if its not a file specific issue?

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file with us to analyze the issue at our end? You may refer to the steps given in this link on: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried multiple files. The following is one of the simpler files, just a logo: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link. I tried replicating the issue with the file but the issue was not reproducible. Could you please try rebooting the machine if you haven't already and try editing pdf files again. If that doesn't work, reset preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. , reboot the machine and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I reset the preferences. I dragged the files to my desktop. Am i supposed to be deleting them? I don't want to loose preferences I may have set a long time ago and find out they no longer work.

My IT guy also saw this problem so I am unsure how else to fix this. Can someone from Adobe remote in to my desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting those files will also delete the custom preferences you set. If the issue still persists after resetting the preferences, then the issue isn't related to the preferences. Drag the folder back to its original location to restore custom settings.

Please contact our support using this link: Contact Customer Care  ( sign in using your Adobe ID to begin).

Click Adobe Acrobat Pro> download and install > show me my contact option > select from chat or phone.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did figure this problem out. Deleting the custom preferences files did not work but I went ahead in the Toolbar and reset and deleted all the quick links I had. Once doing that, it was in working order again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

#KMuolo2018.0228: what do you mean (Toolbar) "reset" "quicklinks". I find nothing like that in the Toolbar menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines