• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it wrong to remove the watermark of an image even if I want to use it in a non-commercial way?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I like to make photo manipulations on Photoshop using the pictures that I find in Adobe Stock, when doing that I usually remove the watermark of the pictures using the tools inside Photoshop, but is it okay to do that? Most of the time I save the finished image on my computer but when I really like the result of it I post it on my Instragram and on my Twitter, I want to know if doing that is illegal or something. I've heard somewhere that removing the watermark of stock photos and selling them it's illegal and it can result in a $25,000 fine, but I'm not selling the pictures that I make, I am just sharing them with my friends on social media, it's okay to do that, right?

PS: If you're asking why can't I just license the pictures, it's because Adobe haven't made it possible to do that on my country yet.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Hi Caleb,

Ideally, you should not remove the watermark of an Adobe Stock image even though you are using the low-resolution file. Adobe Stock only grants a right to use images and does not transfer the ownership.

However, if you still wish to use the low-resolution file, you should give a credit line to the photographer when you put them on social media, however, if you use modified images the credit line will become optional.

Note: It entirely depends on the modification you make. If the modificat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Caleb,

Ideally, you should not remove the watermark of an Adobe Stock image even though you are using the low-resolution file. Adobe Stock only grants a right to use images and does not transfer the ownership.

However, if you still wish to use the low-resolution file, you should give a credit line to the photographer when you put them on social media, however, if you use modified images the credit line will become optional.

Note: It entirely depends on the modification you make. If the modifications are minor, credits are necessary.

Also, you may want to check with the resellers whether there is a purchase option for Adobe Stock in your region.

Please see the link provided:find partners

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started