• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Not Responding

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move a folder (re-organize) - the system is not responding - it has been hanging over 45 minutes? Can anyone help? Do I shut it down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leslieann8 and welcome to the RH community.

Can I assume you are trying to move the folder inside RH (good) and not from outside in Windows Explorer (bad). Either way, can you provide us with some more information (e.g. RH version, RH for Word/HTML). Is there a large number of topics in the folder? Lots of images, links, etc. in the topics? Is the project on a local drive (good) or network drive (bad)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - moving folder within RH. It is RH 7 HTML and the project is on the local drive.

The folder has about 10 topics, and each topic has many images and a few links. It took about 1.15 to complete.

I also receive the Not Responding message at times when I Save topic changes. This can sometimes only be anywhere from 3 - 6 minutes.

Thank you for your response & help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just how many images are there and what size? The overall topic file size probably had something to do with the slow move. Just out of interest, do these topics take long to open when viewed in the help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of images can vary from topic to topic - a small topic can have maybe 10 small images and a large topic can have anywhere from 20 - 40 small images, 5 - 10 links and 5-10 large images (screen shots).

I really don't have any delay when opening up the topics - just the not responding occasionally on save and if I try to move a folder/topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm. Well 20-40 images is more than a few. I guess it does depend on their size and file format. Perhaps tey and compress the images or save them in a different format before importing them? Your PC spec may also be a factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have you tried deleting the CPD file and reopening the project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp