• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable download of videos in Online Published Indesign documents

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable the download of videos when you publish online using Indesign? Its such an important feature and I could find nothing that can disable the download that is unfortunately enabled by default. How can I let my copyrighted videos be downloaded so easily. I hope there is some way to do it or a workaround atleast.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

If you don’t want anyone to download it, don’t put it on the internet. I don’t care if it’s a video, a picture or text. There is simply no way to prevent it from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don’t want anyone to download it, don’t put it on the internet. I don’t care if it’s a video, a picture or text. There is simply no way to prevent it from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob,

Why make it easy with a download button? Just as you might say, there is no lock that can't be picked, so what's the point in locking your house. Vimeo has very good features to disable downloads. I just want the button that is enabled by default to be disabled by default and option should be given to enable it. Is that too much to ask? I guess there is a huge majority that thinks differently then the way you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue. Im surprised that a simple feature cannot be disabled within the software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who marked this as correct??? InDesign should not be encouraging replies like this - NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob is correct. That's just the way the feature works. See the Publish Online FAQ:

Publish Online FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then lets encourage InDesign to change it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is where to make feature requests:

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Yes I am aware that you can download a video in a million different ways – screen capture being the final option. But I cannot be making downloading the videos aseasy as pressing a button. Can you please fix this InDesign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like this is still an issue in 2024. With all due respect, there is a difference between trying to keep anyone from downloading a file and providing a link to download. There is an option to turn off the sharing button, I don't see how this is any different or hard to do. I'll look for this on the feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines