• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp X5 Alphabetical Search Sort

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have RoboHelp X5 here with Update 5.0.2. When the help file is compiled on one workstation, the "Index" tab shows entries alphabetically. However, from a second workstation it seems to build based on when items were input into the project (no sorting).

Is there a registry key or option inside the application that would cause this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009
Hi there

If you click File > Project Settings you will find an option that may be enabled or disabled. It is called "Binary Index". A Binary Index is always sorted. A Non-Binary index will be presented in the order the terms were entered. RoboHelp does offer an option (if you are using a Non-Binary index) that allows you to right-click the Index composer and sort the entries.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you click File > Project Settings you will find an option that may be enabled or disabled. It is called "Binary Index". A Binary Index is always sorted. A Non-Binary index will be presented in the order the terms were entered. RoboHelp does offer an option (if you are using a Non-Binary index) that allows you to right-click the Index composer and sort the entries.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Scuse me Rick - in my version of RH5.0.2 there isn't such a noption, there isn't, no.

Brian

PS I have nothing positive to offer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bawd

Is this RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML? I ask because I was talking about RoboHelp HTML. Admittedly I was pulling from memory earlier and your response made me crack open my own copy of RoboHelp X5 just to check. The options I mentioned are there in X5 just as I had remembered.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there you have it, Rick. The post was under General Discussion and I didn't think to first ask which way baleib1 is working. Being myself one of the few living RH5Word dinosaurs, I probably should have assumed HTML.

Sorry. I'll just go back to sleep (it's been a long week, this side of the pond...)

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, the suggestion actually solved the problem (File > Project Settings). However, the "Search" tab isn't working. When a search is performed it cannot find the topic even though it is present. Any ideas on how to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp