• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using LRCC fully mobile, no desktop: some issues.

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I am a photographer, travelling the US by RV for the next couple years with my gf and didnt want to bring my iMac with us, so I sold it and bought the new iPad Pro 10.7”... I won‘t get into why I thought this was a good idea (swithcing to an ipad, not the RV trip lol), but I’m here now and trying to make it work. For the most part, it does too. I have been uploading photos to the ipad, and when I get a WiFi connection, I upload them all to Creative Cloud and then go through them in LRCC for iOS.

I wont mention the ridiculous amount of duplicates Creative Cloud makes while uploading, but what my main issue is, is this: If I import the photos into LRCC BEFORE I upload them to CC (for example, to work on photos before I get WiFi and can store them in the cloud), they will be duplicated into my LRCC library AFTER I put them in CC. Basically, it‘s like it has it’s pointer coming from the local storage and then one coming also from the cloud storage. LRCC cannot tell that the two photo’s are the same though, so it has 2 identical photos instead. It’s reallty frustrating... Anyone know what is REALLY going on here and if there is a way to stop this madness?? I’m guessing I just need to NOT import from the local storage into LRCC and just throw them in the cloud first, and then LRCC will automatically update and have them there... idk tho, this new LRCC is funky to me...

Thanks in advance,

-Terrence

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds fun!

Are you importing into Lightroom via the ‘red’ Creative Cloud App as well as Lightroom CC?

Or do you also have Auto Import on in the Lightroom CC preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing a number of ways, and I’m starting to think that maybe THAT is the problem. So sometimes I import the photos onto the red CC app and then LRCC will add them after I open the app. Other times, when internet is not available but I still want to edit, I will import into LRCC from my ipad’s HD, which is where I am running into problems. After I get on WiFi, I will take those photos that I worked on and import them into the red CC app ( this is after they were already imported from the iPad HD to LRCC) and when I do, LRCC adds them to the library AGAIN without recognizing that they are duplicates of photos I already imported.

Hope that clears things up! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You shouldn‘t need to import them into LrCC via the Red App, unless for another workflow requirement. Importing them into LrCC on the iPad will, once you have internet connection, take them into the Cloud.

Sorry If I have misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been RVing for 25 years.  I am enjoying (mobile) Lightroom CC, but not when I'm on the road.  My input in this discussion is that you will never get an internet connection on the road that will support this. 

Revert to a lightweight laptop and and Lightroom Classic.  Enjoy the trip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines