• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export video from Premiere Pro to Character Animator?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I have one problem with importing video files in Character Animator, I searched on the internet but couldn't find the answer and I hope you can help me. The problem is that I don't know how should I export file from Premiere Pro or After Effects to Character Animator. The file I'm trying to export from Premiere Pro is just one minute of my screen recording. The best I was able to do is export as PNG file (and then I would get 2000 images that takes 1GB) and import it in Character Animator but then I wouldn't be able to control the video. For example When I press pause or I place the video to start from 30. seconds it would just start from the begining and it wouldn't react to pause or any other command. I know that I can make it reversed and import the puppet to premiere pro but then I'm not able to synchronize puppet's movement with the screen recording. Hope someone can help me. Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think you can import videos into character animator. Normally you use After Effects or Premier Pro if you want to edit video. Character animator can generate videos (I export H.264 or Quicktime/GoPro Cineform with alpha if I need transparency) or you can use dynamic linking to bring things across into AE or PR.  But I don’t think there is a way to get a video in the background using Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines