• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding "Label" to a photo print does not work in the new Photoshop update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make a photo print I also want to print the filename. Normally this worked fine by clicking "Labels" under "Print markers". This does not work in the latest update of Photoshop; the filename is displayed as vertical dashes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the paper in you printer have space outside the Image Print area to be Labeled.   If it does you should see the label even in the print preview.  If you are not getting the Document Name label try resetting your Photoshop CC 2018 Preferences.

Capture.jpg

I scanned a print  I checked Label and description the both printed fine the image scanned upside down you can see the papers edge in the scan the lable in this case had the full image window title title text.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that's not the problem. The print size is 10x15cm, so space enough for the label. The labeltext is displayed correctly in the print preview on my screen, but in the print it is represented as vertical lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see the scan of my print that label text was fine. Not vertical lines.   Try resetting you Photoshop preferences since your Photoshop is having a problem printing the text. You state the label preview in Photoshop look good and you see my scanned print look fine. I used windows 10  and Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.1 to print my image.  Are you using Windows 10 and CC 2018?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reset the preferences, but with no result. I make use of Windows 10 and Photoshop CC2018 latest update version. If I use the previous version of Photoshop (CS6 Extended), I do not have the label problem. So the problem clearly has to do with the latest update. Maybe I can make it clear with accompanying print-outs:Label Print Problem CC2018_Pagina_1.jpgLabel Print Problem CC2018_Pagina_2.jpgLabel Print Problem CC2018_Pagina_3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is causing the problem you are having we seem to be using the same software I used.  Your preview looks good.  There are two things I see that are different.   My preview label differs from the  the printed label.  My printed label is all the information in the image's window frame not just the filename  like in the print preview.  The other difference I see is I edit in Floating image windows and you edit in a docked window with tabs for documents.   Try floating you images  in separate floating windows and print an image. See it that has anything to do wit you problem

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem (bars instead of label and description). This thread is marked "Answered," but I do not see in the thread what the remedy is.  How did you fix the problem?  Thanks : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many updates to OS and Photoshop since this thread was opened.  Windows 10 is now at version 1803 and CC 2018 ate version 19.1.3  I do not know the latest version of OSX what software versions are you using?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.431.
Photoshop CC, Release 19.1.1

The picture that marieller61571540 posted above that he labeled, "not correct" is exactly what our outputs are doing.  It used to work fine until a few weeks ago.

This is actually my Boss's computer, so I am unaware if he ran an update or changed a setting or if it has something to do with our server.  This I am not sure.  He just asked me if I could research to find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative cloud desktop application to update cc 2018 to version 19.1.3 the current version.  You may also want to update windows 10 to the current version 1803.  See if Adobe has fix the problem. Back in February version 19.1.1 worked in my Windows 10 system.  You may want to try resetting all Photoshop tools and preferences. Some users had problems with text content and some saw printed bars not text.  Do old version of Photoshop work you can install previous version of Photoshop using creative cloud desktop application

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We ran the suggested updates and it did not solve the problem : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines