• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not letting me edit Character Animator scenes

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm dragging scenes into PPro and editing them with wildly different degrees of success! After I get them lined up, I use 'render and replace' or nothing would ever get done because the dynamic link takes an extremely long time to update or not at all. Sometimes it works if I send the CA scene to media encoder, render it out with a transparent background and import it into CA. Sometimes that doesn't work. Now I have a piece that's been rendered and replaced but refuses to be keyframed?? Can you help?
The good news is, when it does work it's wonderfully easy and expressive, and the resolution issues I was having before seem to be resolved!

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 1.13.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Media Encoder won't work either ;(Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 2.00.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, it's very difficult to scale or position rendered CA files in Premiere Pro. It'll let me do it eventually, but it can be seriously half an hour or so until it works! Really slows down my work flow and I LOVE the progress I'm making with CA. Any ideas? ❤️Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 11.06.24 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-02-18 at 11.16.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-18 at 11.06.24 AM.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SugarTallerino,

Sorry for the issue. It might be an issue with permissions.

Please follow the steps in this article: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Share a screenshot of the export settings window from Media Encoder with us.

Have you updated the CUDA driver? Please check.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used 'save all' so all the files would save as well? If there's a better way to save it please let me know, here's what I have for you I Am The Government.PRV - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ONLY happens with Character Animator files, the AE files are fine, but I'll try the permissions thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't make sense of this?

• Mac OS: [drive]/Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/
    The instructions say to set it to 'read/write' instead of 'read only'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SugarTallerino,

As instructed in the help article, it is recommended to set the permissions to Read & Write.

Also, change the format & preset in the "Render & Replace" option and test.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permissions are set to read and write, and the render and replace can only be set at Quicktime on GoPro Cineform RGB 12 bit with Alpha because it has to have a transparent background. It's an intermittent problem, it worked for a few hours today and now it's stuck again so I don't think it's the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 11.52.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SugarTallerino,

It certainly seems like an  issue with recognition of file format by Premiere Pro. Please contact our chat support to get the issue checked.

Here are the instructions: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Media Encoder for this, I'm using 'render and replace' Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.39.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an answer to your question, but the workflow I settled on was to export videos per scene from CH and use dynamic linking as a last resort. I then used Premier Pro to stich the videos together, but I did all the key framing using blends and transforms in CH scenes. Of the variations I tried it was the most reliable and fastest for my little laptop.

Note: Sometimes I have to exit CH and the media encoder and restart them to clear some issues with rendering. I would render, fail, exit all processes and restart, and it would work. But I could not repeat reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines