• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Elements 14 Organizer & Editor

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ....I'm soon going to purchase LR on Adobe's monthly plan.  Currently, I use Elements 14 on a Mac.  I've never used the Organizer as I have developed my own file system on my hard drive; however, I see that many of my photos appear within the Organizer. 

Should I uninstall Elements 14 before I purchase the Creative Cloud Photography Plan?  And next question ....how do I uninstall Elements 14, both the Organizer & Editor?

Any other advice is welcome!

Kind Regards

Teresa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa,

For your question regarding the images in Organizer, I am moving this thread to Photoshop Elements​ community as experts here will be able to assist you better with that question.

Once your question is answered and you are ready to uninstall the product, then you may follow the steps given here to do so: Uninstall Adobe Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

teeseey  wrote

Hello ....I'm soon going to purchase LR on Adobe's monthly plan.  Currently, I use Elements 14 on a Mac.  I've never used the Organizer as I have developed my own file system on my hard drive; however, I see that many of my photos appear within the Organizer. 

Should I uninstall Elements 14 before I purchase the Creative Cloud Photography Plan?  And next question ....how do I uninstall Elements 14, both the Organizer & Editor?

Any other advice is welcome!

Kind Regards

Teresa

When you 'save as' any file, if the 'include in the organizer' checkbox is ticked, that file will be indexed (not copied) in the organizer catalog.

You can delete the catalog if you use the menu File >> Manage catalogs of the organizer. You first create an empty catalog, and then you are allowed to delete the previous catalog.

There is no compelling reasons to uninstall Elements, it can work happily with the CC monthly plan.

Note that even if you have a custom file folders organization, you can keep it and manage it from the organizer... or from Lightroom... or from Bridge.

I consider managing your assets only with a folders hierarchy as very 'basic' compared to what catalog managers like the organizer or Lightroom can offer. My guess is that you may prefer Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Michel

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I plan to explore the organizing tools with LR & thus avoid my home-grown filing system!

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines