• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Syncing Photos" without a number - what does it mean?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies in advance if this is already dealt with; a search didn't turn up anything relevant.

I'm in the process of migrating about 25,000 items to the cloud, and have checked the box to keep a copy of everything on local storage. For about three days, when I clicked on the cloud icon in the upper right I would see a countdown, starting from 25,000, at a rate of 2 or 3 seconds per image. Some time during the night it finally reached zero.

Now I see just the words "Syncing Photos", with an animated blue circle but no numbers.  What exactly does this mean? Is LR now downloading the photos to my hard drive? Can I use the program while this is happening, e.g. import new photos from my camera? Can I now set up LR on another computer? Since there's no countdown, is there any way to predict how long this process will take?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some additional data:

The file on my Mac named Lightroom Library.lrlibrary shows a "get info" size of 382GB, which is roughly the size of all my items. The containing folder, Lightroom CC Saved Photos, shows a size of zero. That doesn't make much sense to me, but perhaps someone can explain what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines