• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply animation from one layer to another

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text layer in AE 2018 that has animation keyframes applied to it - basically the text changes shape and resizes itself over a period of a couple of seconds. There a 4 keyframes in this animate layer.

I want to add a solid colour box behind the text to help it stand out on the screen, and I want the box to resize as per the text layer. Is it possible to somehow 'connect' the shape layer to the text layer so it inherits its animation - or do I have to copy the animate keyframes to the solid box layer?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the animation begins, make a shape or a solid.  Position it behind the text.  Parent it to the text layer.  Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave - I tried that but it didn't work. I wonder if this is because the text layer has 'Animator' effects applied to it?

I'll keep playing around and see if I can do it.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to create an Expression (it's as simple as holding down the ALT key while clicking on a property's Stopwatch icon) then the answer lies in using the sourceRectAtTime Expression method.

Take a look here - https://www.momographics.co.uk/more-momo/2017/5/26/textbox-resize

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parenting only works with Transform properties (except Opacity). Animation created using Text Animator properties will not transfer over via Parenting.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if this is because the text layer has 'Animator' effects applied to it?

Yes, it is. To do what you want you would have to use the sourceRectAtTime() expression or simply animate the square manualyl to match.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines