• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After effects how to change frames to seconds?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can anyone help me with that problem? I am a new user of Adobe After Effects and on the tutorial a lot of people have a seconds instead frames, how can i change it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL + Mouse Click on the Timecode Display at the top-left of the Timeline. This action toggles the time display between Frames or Video Timecode.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clicked CTRL + Mouse Click on that, i got 00000, not the seconds ;/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I know what you're looking for now. Set your Time Display to Video Timecode. Then zoom deep into your Timeline view until the seconds view changes to frames. The suffix will change from 's" to "f" to denote that you are now zoomed into frame mode view.

To zoom in and out of the Timeline, use the "=" key and to zoom out, use "-".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find that option(Set your Time Display to Video Timecode.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG IT WORKING! Thank you very much! I tried do that 2 hours ;D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that you can use the shortcut, " ; ", (apostrophe) to toggle between frame-view and seconds-view in the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Roland+Kahlenberg  wrote

I forgot to mention that you can use the shortcut, " ; ", (apostrophe) to toggle between frame-view and seconds-view in the Timeline.

Just to clarify the ";" key zooms in on the timeline, it does not change the time display from seconds to frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Rick. I initially wrote "zoom" in but while doing a quick edit, I took it off for grammatical reasons. Duh!
AND I should also clarify that " ;" is obviously not an apostrophe; I meant, semicolon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Axea,

i was having the same problem and although i learned to toggle between the TIME counter and the FRAMES counter it did not seem to correct what i was seeing on the TIME LINE METER.  hopefully this will work for you as it did me.

there is a COMPRESSION SCALE (not the actual name) just above the TIME LINE that was compressed for viewing the animation in greater FRAME detail.   TO CORRECT, just extend the BEGINNING CURSUR and the END CURSUR to the full width of the  TIME LINE and measurements will become MINUTES & SECONDS again.

see the screen grab attached.     best of luck!   Martin / PhantomMacs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines