• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-Downs text is wiped out

Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH X 5, webhelp layout

To retreive topics that were deleted from a project, I've imported the corresponding output (htm) files. Aside from the red boxes (java script), the topic looks fine only the the text on the drop-down hotspots has been cleared out.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening? Is there a way to restore the drop-down text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to take a look at this.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I'm disappointed that the easiest way to address the issue is to re-establish the data for the drop-downs, I appreciate the information.

I am creating backup files, but I must be missing something. When I look at my project files all I see is the htm files. So, do I have to open the .xpj file in order to retrieve a particular topic in its original condition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you looking? Project Manager shows the files you need to see to work. Windows Explorer shows all the files that exist including files RH needs but that you do not touch.

The XPJ file contains very little information and nothing to help get back your topics. The recycle bin is your only hope or backups. You say you are creating backups, is that since the files were deleted? How are you backing up?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file was deleted from the Project Manager. I can either grab a copy of the deleted file from the site where I publish the output or from the copy I made of the entire project, but either way I end up with the htm file. Is there another way? or another file type to retrive the topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is missing here. The backup of your project contains copies of your source files so importing the missing HTM file from there will restore your project without the need for the cleanup if you import from the output files, those on the server.

You are saying that either way you end up with the HTM file as if that is something negative. If you have deleted a topic and want to get it back in the project, the HTM file is exactly what you want. Why are you asking if there is another way. Importing from your backup gives you what you need, why are you looking for something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be a pest, I just want to determine if the steps I've taken & the results I'm getting are what they should be.

I imported the htm files that were on the server, but the data in the drop-downs was cleared out. If I understand correctly, ithis s how it should be, but I'm confused because you say that I can import the htm files without cleanup. Does that mean there's a way to avoid having to re-establish the drop-downs? or maybe the import feature isn't working like it should?

FYI - this morning I received "proj corrrupt" msg that I can't seem to get passed even by deleting the cpd & xpj files, so I'm going to have RH re-installed.

Thank you, I appreciate your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not a pest.

The problems seem to stem from the fact that you are not understanding the output files on the server are not the same internally as the source files in your backup of the project. Let's say you have a topic called redrabbit.htm.

Import a copy from the server, you will have the red square and lose the dropdown. If you import the same name file from the source, you will not have the red square and the dropdown will be there.

Before you get RH reinstalled, try opening another project, such as one of the supplied samples. If that opens OK, there's no point in reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I got it now. Thank you so much. I'll post a separate msg on forum about the other issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp