• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possibile to use Photoshop offline??

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am new on Photoshop 2017 after many years using a different software.

I am realizing that seems to be possible to use Photoshop only on line, because when I don't have the connection it asks me to connect through Adobe Cloud. This should be a very big problem for me, because I am traveling in Asia and can't get the connection everywhere. But I need to work everywhere on my pictures. Are there some settings that can fix the problem? I searched but I can't find. Also, at the moment my wifi is pretty bad and is very difficult to surf the help section. It seems really impossible that you can use it only on line!!!!

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Giuseppina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Photoshop should work fine offline. You do need to connect to Adobe servers every 30 days, but that is the only requirement. Of course you won't have full access to all the help tutorials off line and if you use cloud storage and libraries that won't be availableeither, but the program will still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cloud license needs to be verified about once a month (although there may be another license model under which once in 6 months suffices), apart from that working offline is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop should work fine offline. You do need to connect to Adobe servers every 30 days, but that is the only requirement. Of course you won't have full access to all the help tutorials off line and if you use cloud storage and libraries that won't be availableeither, but the program will still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it seems not working in that way here. I bought the software only yesterday and I am using it since this morning. I was always connected through the Cloud today, except than for 15' and in these 15' when I tried to open Photoshop it didn't work and asked me to connect...

I hope that it can happens only for the first days and after it can work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop try going to the 'Help' menu and clicking on 'Sign Out(yourUsername@youremail.com). Then click on 'Sign In' and type your login details. Close Photoshop. Now switch off your router or disable your internet connection and try to start Photoshop If you can could you post a screen capture of any error message. To do that simply press print screen on the keyboard and in an Add Reply box here press Control-V to paste the capture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out and in as Terri suggested, and I'd also close the "Libraries" tab and disable the Welcome Screen under Edit > Preference > General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the latest help page from Adobe​, it's now up to 99 days + one calendar month allowed offline for annual CC subscriptions...

Meaning, once signed in, then you should be able to disconnect your computer for that long, if you have an annual subscription.

For month-to-month members, it's still 30 days offline.

Nevertheless, it remains a common myth that you can't use the Creative Cloud desktop applications without an Internet connection, or save your work files locally on your disk, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are saying that if my photoshop won't work offline I must be a myth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm online daily and the desktop app connects automatically when I turn the computer on. Why then, when one day my internet stops working, suddenly I can't even launch Media Encoder or Premiere Pro or Reader because NOW I'm not connected to the internet? I was connected for the past many days. Also, I've got an annual, not monthly subscription. It's absurd that this happens on those occasions when the broadband goes down for a time and my work is halted even though I wouldn't need to use the internet to finish my work at all.

-- * -- [sarcasm] Tiny font size and no colour coding in Adobe apps? What a fantastic idea! [/sarcasm] --*--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the very same problem, it is HIGHLY fustrated. I only recently qurchaced PS and I travel for a living. tutorials arent available offline and ihave not as of yet gotten the programe to work offline as well. ill keep trying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you offline or are you signing out of the Creative Cloud app? They are not the same thing. `When you sign out you will get an alert that the applications will be disabled.

jane-e_0-1609370185746.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why = because you have the cloud app set to its default, autoupdate and its looking for the internet

p.s, tutorials are allowed to be downloaded to your local system for use off line... the value of these varies a lot but you can pick the ones you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines