• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop/resize clip

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I crop or and resize a clip in a video? By accident I captured some things in the corner of one video that I need to crop away.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Hello!

At this time Clip does not have that feature. What you can do is, edit your project in Clip and then tap the 'Share' button and select 'Send to Premiere Pro' and make any further changes there including cropping or resizing your video.

Keep on the lookout for future versions.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

At this time Clip does not have that feature. What you can do is, edit your project in Clip and then tap the 'Share' button and select 'Send to Premiere Pro' and make any further changes there including cropping or resizing your video.

Keep on the lookout for future versions.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropping a video is super easy. No one on this forum points to this cropping tool.....

Click on your video in your timeline. Go to your EFFECTS Tab > VIDEO EFFECTS>TRANSFORM>CROP........

Either Double Click on CROP or drop it into your clip

In your EFFECTS CONTROL WINDOW you now have the options to adjust all 4 sides of the video in a Percentage amount that you want.

Simply add the percentage amount, OR, put your curser over the %, hold the button down and move your mouse left/right to decrease or increase that parameter... there's also a zoom option underneath for a nice effect when needed

Hope this helps!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response JO but this user is referring to Premiere Clip our Mobile editing app, not Premiere Pro.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jimi_O

I don't know if you will ever see this, but you saved me from a lot of frustration.  And you are right, I read lots of answers that said use the cropping tool, but I could not find it.  Premiere Pro is a massive program and I believe sometimes people forget to point out where you find a specific tool.  Thank you from a grateful beginner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I don't know about the apps and don't have Pro, I think I found a way to do this in Premier Elements 15. I selected the clip, then clicked on the image in the monitor box and then dragged the corner out to pull the image past the edge. I was able to get rid of a couple things that were in both the bottom edge and the side without distorting the image or ending up with a black boarder. Don't know if this helps. I am still learning this program myself.

Trisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with the initial post. It would be very useful to have the option to make simple crops (also to a custom aspect ratio) with the phone app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add cropping!!! It's the whole reason I downloaded the app.  Built in phone apps can all trim videos already (tho combining is nice)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Did you give a try at Premiere Rush ? That might suit your needs re-cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franck, thanks for your reply. But in this topic we're talking about the smartphone app, not a computer program. It would be very useful to also have this basic option in the mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you might have missed that Premiere Rush is an ecosystem with, of course, a desktop app (which you don't want), but also an iOS App, which seems to be what you need…

Adobe Premiere Rush | Logiciels de montage vidéo Adobe pour les appareils mobiles et postes de trava...

So this is just… another smartphone app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franck, thanks for pointing out. Indeed I missed that one . I'm using an Android phone, so I'll wait until it's available for that platform as well. I've already submitted the form to be notified ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines