• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sign field after someone else has signed when all fields become read only?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that needs to be signed by a lot of people continuously over a 2-3 week period.

Progressively as you work down the form, the fields will be signed for each line in a table to signify something has been completed.

Can i allow more signatures to be added whilst not allowing the previous signatures within the same file to be edited, moved or deleted?

As it stands right now for example :           

The first row gets signed we close the pdf and save the work for the day.

Come in the next day to sign the second row and the fields are all locked.

We want to be able to continue signing down the page.

I do know of the current signature field settings.

Digital Signature Properties -> "Mark as read-only": --> "all fields" OR "all fields except these" OR "Just these fields"

However neither of these functions are what i am after.

Any Help please

Thanks

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

just tried another setting and this setting worked.

JUST THESE FIELDS was the correct setting. With this setting applied, the chicken signed, and it became read only while the others remained open for others to sign in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly what you should use. Add multiple signature fields and

set them to lock all other fields when signed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After one signature field is signed....

I want all the other signature fields to remain UNLOCKED!!!!!

So that the next day i open the PDF another person can sign the next signature fields.

As it stands now, once someone signs the first signature field all the others lock and are rendered useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do as I described? You need to select something like this under the Properties of your Signature field:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have applied these settings to each signature field.

I signed the 'chicken' signature field and all the other fields locked.

I need the Cow, pig and fish to be able to sign.

After the chicken signed, this is what happened

So how can i make that the cow, pig and fish can sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried another setting and this setting worked.

JUST THESE FIELDS was the correct setting. With this setting applied, the chicken signed, and it became read only while the others remained open for others to sign in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to pick all the fields that you want to keep editable from the list, not just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with needing certain signature blocks and asscociated date fields to not lock after the first signature. Your second link is what I'm trying but this fix didn't quite solve the problem. After specifying what to lock after the first signature is completed (student signature), it still locks things I've selected to not lock like the date fields for other sigantures. Signature fields will still accept a digital or an esignature (which you seem to be able to drop anywhere), but most folks are just doing fill and sign and using e-sig so no date is accociated with the signature. All the other signatures are set to 'do nothing' under signed in properties. Below is where I set the student signature to mark as read only selected items. But those selected items like 'PD date' are still locked. Am I missing some other step or doing something backwards? 

sig 1.PNGsig 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines