Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buying Mac pro

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m looking for buy a new laptop.

The 2 models I’m concern now is “Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (Late 2016) .

1:  2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core

16GB of 2133 MHz RAM

512GB PCIe SSD

AMD Radeon Pro 450 GPU (2GB GDDR5)

Price : 2,099$

&

2:  2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core

2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7,
    Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz

16GB of 2133 MHz RAM

1TB PCIe SSD

AMD Radeon Pro 460 GPU (4GB GDDR5)

Price : 2,499$

Mostly I work with photoshop & illustrator full-time. Is 2GB graphics card will be enough for me, or is better I buy the 4GB.

I'll be happy if you guys help me.

Thanks

Roza

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Depends on whether you intend to connect external screens, or not. If you do, I would strongly suggest you get the 4GB version.

Aside from this, if you intend to do any serious 3d work, again: get the 4GB version.

The 1TB SSD does provide much more room. 512GB is filled up quickly if you do a lot of heavy duty graphics design work and/or work with large files and many photos, in which case I'd go for the 1TB SSD. Better safe than sorry later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on whether you intend to connect external screens, or not. If you do, I would strongly suggest you get the 4GB version.

Aside from this, if you intend to do any serious 3d work, again: get the 4GB version.

The 1TB SSD does provide much more room. 512GB is filled up quickly if you do a lot of heavy duty graphics design work and/or work with large files and many photos, in which case I'd go for the 1TB SSD. Better safe than sorry later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help! I just orderd the 1tb one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the 4 gig graphics card version would probably suit you best.

I am a strong advocate for external storage, so my laptop does speed and efficiency is not affected in any way.

Also I feel it is paramount to have your files backed up online and or on external hard drives so you never loose important files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your help! ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines