• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lightroom cc on many pc's and slow internet. Can they all sync locally?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Is it possible to have a master lightroom catalog and raw store on one PC that syncs the catalogs with smart previews onto other lightroom cc devices, without the ridiculously stupid need to have it download over the internet for each instance?

I'm on trial ver right now but this is a ridiculous obstruction to paying you guys money wouldn't you say?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. no one cares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum is user-to-user, not to-Adobe. No-one owes you anything, and when you come here with an attitude.....

Anyway, you also asked in the wrong forum. Not your fault. This is for users of "Lightroom CC" which is what Adobe call their new cloud-dependent Mac/PC app whose master catalogue remains in Adobe's cloud. You are asking a question about what Adobe now call "Lightroom Classic", which used to be called "Lightroom CC". Yeah, we're all confused.

But there is no local sync in Lightroom Classic. You can have your master catalogue and raw files on your main computer, sync smart previews to the cloud, and access them as smart previews on other computers using Lightroom CC or a web browser or mobile device. But no local sync. The lack of local sync may lose a few customers, but I imagine Adobe lose more through the subscription model. You can't please everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.

Sorry about the attitude but its nothing personal. I'm used to just posting grievances immediately to facebook or social media, since most employees only bother doing whats on their priority list. And unless a manager prioritizes nothing happens.

Generally that gets immediate service. Never any feedback about attitude.

Nothing wrong with that. If a company wants to retain customers then they better bend over backwards for my business. Nothing personal.

What do you think is a good place to ask uncomfortable questions very embarrassingly and publicly about the lightroom mobile product architecture which can only be realistically used with a 100 gigabit internet line?

CHeerios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Photoshop Family forum. It is monitored by Adobe marketing/engineers, while this forum is mainly users with occasional support staff.

There's already a thread Lightroom mobile: I would like to synchronize over LAN instead of internet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS do you have a picture of your beard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not worth it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had to check. Im sure you get that a lot though....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole life....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i can just hear the inner groan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines