• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When printing a digitally signed PDF, the printout do not have the word "Digital signature is Valid"

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a document from the bank, digitally signed. When I open the document, after signature validation, it appears on top the digital signature is valid. When  I print the document, no where it appears, the signature is digitally valid. I am having Adobe Reader DC.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Signatures become meaningless when printed (unless some special technology is used to counteract that). The bank probably knows that so they removed the signature field from appearing on the printed copy. Did they ask you to submit a printed copy with this text on it? If so, they didn't set up the form correctly. Anyway, there's nothing you can do about it with the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  My issue is that when i open the PDF file  (AR DC) it shows "Signed and all signatures are valid"  on Top.

when I print this word is not appearing, Hence our Taxation dept. is not accepting these invoices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text on top is not a part of the document. It's a panel of the application that is validating the signatures.
As I said, digital signatures become meaningless when printed. Your taxation department needs to understand that and maybe look for another solution to verify the files. One possible solution is to manually sign them, or to submit them digitally, instead of on paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes people want to use digital signatures but keep paper alive too. This needs two entirely different kinds of signature. One digital, invisible, online only. The other something on screen that prints. You can have both but the digital signature must come LAST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Both,

Are we concluding that, the digitally signed  document cannot print with the Tick or "digitally signed" by itself even after it is validated.

and we should obtain the printed document with manual signature & stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if I print to pdf, doesn't it save?  I thought it would save then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the broad sense, yes, we're concluding that... in the bigger sense you have the broader problem of trying to mix paper and digital signarures. Your taxation department is entirely right to reject an attempt to mix these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines