• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Panel Slow to Open - 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everything is great with PS 2018 so far with the exception that the Library Panel is slow to open every time I click on the tab for it in the panel. Once it accesses the library after 5-7 seconds, if I click another tab in the panel and come back to it I need to wait again for the library pallets to appear. I use the Library allot and am pretty quick at what I do with PS so waiting 5-7 seconds many times is a pain for me. Didn't have the problem in previous two versions of PS. The work around I considered is leaving it open in another panel but the other two I use just as much so please someone at Adobe look into this and fix it! By the way, before it reopens there is some sort of grey dialogue box with command buttons that appears briefly and I don't think these are for the end user to see. Does anyone have a solution for this?

The other issue I reported with Crash Reports I don't need to get into here just to mention that these are the only two issues with the new version. BTW I'm on Windows 10 with 32gb of RAM and no other issues at all with the system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Hi

I was able to replicate this today and have raised a report at the link below:

Photoshop CC2018 (v19.0 r165) Library panel delays | Photoshop Family Customer Community

You may wish to add your comments or "Me Too"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any delays opening the library - but I do see the buttons flash up whilst it opens (they are only there for an instant - it took some timing to capture the screenshot)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what I'm seeing as well. I get the impression that PS is no longer caching the Library palletes and they need to reload every time the panel is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What system you are working with? I have a Mac Book Pro 16 meg of Ram and and Mac OS 10.12.6 and it has no problem laoding the panel.

It is reloading wit the other panels and no delay. Did you try to reinstall?

Memory is enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is a HP Pavillion WIN10-64 with 32 gb ram and since I had no issue with this with PS 2016-17 I'm sure it's not system related. As soon as I installed 2018 the issue started. I would hate to have to reinstall PS time wise but I may have to since I switch between panels quickly. Just not sure it would solve the issue.

The fact that the other person could see the weird command buttons doesn't give me encouragement that reinstalling will work as that itself causes much of the delay it seems. Hopefully others will chime in with how many seconds it takes to open the Library panel. I have about 6 groups and 40 color swatches that opened instantly before. Now it's 6 seconds over-and-over again and it interrupts my work flow while driving me nuts! Major annoyance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, feels like the libraries are no longer cached and reload every time you open the tab.

The funny thing is, sometimes, but rarely, and to no apparent logic or circumstances, it finally starts caching them and opens instantly like it used to in previous versions.

I am on a Win10 64bit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was able to replicate this today and have raised a report at the link below:

Photoshop CC2018 (v19.0 r165) Library panel delays | Photoshop Family Customer Community

You may wish to add your comments or "Me Too"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for doing that. Wonder why one needs yet another logon for that site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I noticed that last night while editing. Twice it opened without any pause but then went right back to 6 seconds each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates on this? Called Adobe support but he only told me that it was my internet connection... Worked flawless before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines