Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Info functionality loss in new version

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

File Info, in all previous versions I have had, used to remember previously typed phrases and offer them when corresponding letter were first entered (i.e. if John Smith has been entered in a previous image, after typing 'J' the option would appear to select 'John Smith'). This has disappeared. Is this a coding lapse, or can I turn the functionality back on within Photoshop?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

carolynw13507008  wrote

Hello,

File Info, in all previous versions I have had, used to remember previously typed phrases and offer them when corresponding letter were first entered

If that is how cc 2017 worked I can not test for I no longer have CC 2017 installed.  I can report my CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018 work the way you write your CC 2018 works.

Are you sure your prior Photoshop work the way you wrote.  Test one of you previous version very it remembers what you typed into a different document fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carolynw13507008  wrote

Hello,

File Info, in all previous versions I have had, used to remember previously typed phrases and offer them when corresponding letter were first entered

If that is how cc 2017 worked I can not test for I no longer have CC 2017 installed.  I can report my CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018 work the way you write your CC 2018 works.

Are you sure your prior Photoshop work the way you wrote.  Test one of you previous version very it remembers what you typed into a different document file info. The information you last added to some other documents file info.   Create two new document. Change one document file info. Then test to see that when you update the second document's file info. If any of the information you entered into the other document's file info a few seconds ago can be retrieved via the first character.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the interwebs are littered with complaints from Bridge and other users regarding the removal of previously loved and used features such as auto-completion of metadata entry, no ability to resize metadata fields and the loss of the advanced metadata “tree” view options.

On the first point, I’d suggest using the Keywords panel of Bridge for consistent repeated keyword use.

CS 6:

CS6.png

CC18:

CC18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fogot the File info was changed in CC when you are 77 you forget quicker you seed up with age Photoshop is getting quicker its over 20 imagin how quick it will be when 77 or will it be forgotten I will not live to know that answer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines