• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 Screen Snapping Issue

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the newly updated Photoshop 2018, the screen snaps to center with various actions, like zooming, adding a new layer etc. in "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar". Very annoying to have screen snapping unintentionally. I typically enable "Zoom clicked point to center", but even with this feature enabled, the image still snaps to center. I'm perfectly capable of determining the position of the image on the artboard. Is there a way to disable this new center snapping feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Hi All,

We have identified this issue as a bug and our engineering team working on this issue and looking for the fix. You can refer the feedback link: (PS 2018) How to disable new zoom center snap when in Full Screen Mode | Photoshop Family Customer Community https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-ps-2018-how-to-disable-new-zoom-center-snap-when-in-full-screen-mode

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I think it's a bug. It happens when pressing command-S, or command-D or whatever. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new "Feature" is extremely annoying! I typically work in Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar. I position the working file in the artboard where I want it to be. Now the image constantly snaps to center, when changing tools, adding layers, etc. Adobe, are you listening? If this is a feature that can be disabled, please explain. If a bug, please advise. And if it is a bug, how did it get past beta testing?

(Using Sierra 10.12.6)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really really really f#####g annoying! Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME ISSUE!

Very annoying. Any answers to this yet?

Since Photoshop CC 2018 update, image now randomly snaps to center when working in a section of it. It's driving me nuts. Also, a mask will randomly appear and going back in history doesn't fix. Mac Pro Mid 2010. OS 10.11.6. Never had a problem with an update before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this is corrected on the mac side by turning on the application frame and/or using document tabs instead of floating document windows.

Window>Application Frame and Photoshop CC>Preferences>Workspace>Open Documents as Tabs.

By "corrected" i mean a workaround until adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work on my system. I've tried every setting on and off, but nothing helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (very annoying!).

I was able to rectify it by uninstalling Photoshop (choose the remove all app preferences option) and reinstalling.

Could probably do it simpler by removing some sort of preferences file somewhere, but the one I found and removed didn't seem to do anything. So this is probably best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have identified this issue as a bug and our engineering team working on this issue and looking for the fix. You can refer the feedback link: (PS 2018) How to disable new zoom center snap when in Full Screen Mode | Photoshop Family Customer C... https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-ps-2018-how-to-disable-new-zoom-center-snap-...

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update didn't fix the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update didn't fix the snapping problem.

Adobe, kindly... get your s*** together.

Basic basic problems like this didn't use to plague the Adobe suite until you went to cloud-only. Now I guess you feel you can skip quality control and just slowly roll out updates over time.

Please hire a better quality control team and give them time to do their job before you release a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as other posters have pointed out, STILL SNAPPING TO CENTER with 19.0 release.

Please correct this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really apologies for the trouble caused you. Please refer the below article to know the fixed issue in 19.0.1 update.

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah? So the issue we are talking about ere isn't fixed. When will this happen? And how do i get a reduced price for my CC subscription that isn't working properly? I pay full subscription price but i don't get fully working software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big, time wasting issue for me too. Constantly shifting the image I am working on to the centre of my screen is very counter productive. I have always tended to work with the image centre left of my screen with palettes to the right. With every time I create a new layer, delete a layer, press save, zoom etc, basically any time the image is refreshed, it jumps back to centre. No good at all. As I work on many images a day and use Photoshop for usually 12+ hours nearly every day, also on a full CS subscription, I'm sure Adobe can see how annoying this would be? Very much need a workaround or fix for this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohit,

There has been a minor update which did not remedy the issue described above. As a pro user since Photoshop 1.0 (and a beta tester for that release) I hope Adobe will continue to be rigorous in developing & maintaining what so many of us rely on as our primary professional application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long until it's fixed? It's driving me nuts. We're paying for this stuff and have work to do … and somehow you guys break stuff that has worked for years. very poor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the snapping issue for me, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem even after updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem the zoom snaps to center and its disable in preferences/tools
It starts in the last upgrade of photoshop.

Dont know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw there was an update this week and crossed my fingers.......but nope same damn problem.

Adobe's answer is to revert back to previous version until they fix.

I don't think enough people are complaining about this, and just dealing with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. I now use tabs as a workaround (after its been a tab the center snap is gone). Its anoying but workable. I guess more people have found workarounds for this and leave it at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, please fix this! for something so trivial it really is a big issue. Like many, many others, I use the rotate screen tool, along with continually zooming in and out while working and this bug is immensely irritating. You can line up your image to perform a particular task and then ping! straight back into the centre. This has ben happening for a couple months now so you need to get cracking on the fix. And please don't offer dumb workarounds. Ignoring users complaints is what Quark did remember…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines