Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Adobe XD and Suitcase Fusion 7

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As it says on the tittle, I'm having troubles with Adobe XD and my Suitcase Fusion font manager. Since I'm using Adobe XD, every time I active or disable any font I need to close it for using it but, right now, nothing happens. I just tried to close it and even reebot windows but it always says that my fonts are missing. This just happens with Adobe XD. I'm using the same fonts on Illustrator and they work perfectly, I don't even have to close the program to use them.

Thank you,
Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

By the time I get some info from the team, did you try the solution provided in this thread - (Almost) only system fonts available on Windows

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jonathan,

To reiterate the steps which I think you've already covered:

1. You have to restart XD after modifying the system font collection in order for those changes to show up in XD

2. XD may not display fonts installed with the default font manager to the default location (they should show up in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts) (thread on this topic)

With that said, I think the next steps are to collect system information and will try to reproduce the issue. it would be helpful to know:

1. Which OS/version are you on? (It sounds like you're on Windows, so you can run winver to get something like Version 1607 OS Build 14393.xxx)

2. Which version of XD are you running (Click on the hamburger >scroll down to the about section which should give you the info)?

3. Could you share one of the problematic fonts with us? This might be easiest if one of the fonts is freely available online and you could point us to where you downloaded it from.

Please provide the above details so we can proceed further.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankushr,

1- Windows version: 1709 OS build 16299.248

2- XD version: 5.0.12.8

3- I'm activating 2 librarys with fonts downloaded from googlefonts. I'm selecting the fonts for my project so I just active all of them.

I also tried yesterday to just active some of them one by one and it worked. I don't know if maybe some of the fonts are in conflict with Adobe XD.

Thank you,
Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very valuable info.

Will be sharing this with our product team and look around for a solution and update this thread accordingly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. If you need anything else, just tell me

Thank you Ankush,
Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the time I get some info from the team, did you try the solution provided in this thread - (Almost) only system fonts available on Windows

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I'm sorry for answering delay. I have activated the same libraries with all the fonts inside and, taking a look to the fonts windows folder, all of them appear there. After that, I tried running Adobe XD and the fonts where working. I just followed the same steps I did the other time, so I don't know why it worked now.

Regards,
Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines