• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NIK Plug Ins Not Opening After LR Classic CC 7.2 Upgrade

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my 2017 iMac running OS 10.13.3 (High Sierra) my previously working NIK plug ins do not open after I upgraded to LR Classic CC 7.2.  They worked normally before.  They still show up in the Develop module under Photo > Edit In, but when I click on any of them, they do not open.  I also do some work with Affinity Photo & have it as a LR plug in, & when I use Edit In to connect & open that app, it works fine.  The NIK plugs in are also still available for me to use in my latest version of Phototshop CC.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Google now will not let me re-download the free versions that they made available earlier as they have apparently sold them to another software house that is looking to update them this year & obviously looking to start charging for them.  So that reinstall solution is apparently unavailable.  Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

jedo64853918  schrieb

...Google now will not let me re-download the free versions that they made available earlier as they have apparently sold them to another software house that is looking to update them this year & obviously looking to start charging for them.  So that reinstall solution is apparently unavailable. 

I've tried to download the Nik Collection from the Google site and it worked for me.

Google Nik Collection

Otherwise goto the DXO site and registered for the appropriate newsletter a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reinstalling the NIK software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a full re-install-The NIK installer may still be in your computer as a downloaded .dmg file. Do a Finder search.

(My Windows installer file is called- nikcollection-full-1.2.11.exe)

Or search your hard-drive for the Nik components in your Applications folder (Under a Google folder?)

If Photoshop can find them then they must be there somewhere.

Plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing - Nik Collection Help

If you cannot re-install, then you may only need to open the Lightroom Preferences / External Editors, and re-link the Nik programs.

Be aware also that if you change LR preferences to "Store Presets with the Catalog", then LR will not see' the Nik programs that install in the 'Global' location for LR presets.

See another forum thread with similar problems- Nik collection and Lightroom classic CC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try again to do this but on my iMac I can find the files created by the installer file, but not the original installer.  But I will keep looking per your suggestions.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jedo64853918  schrieb

...Google now will not let me re-download the free versions that they made available earlier as they have apparently sold them to another software house that is looking to update them this year & obviously looking to start charging for them.  So that reinstall solution is apparently unavailable. 

I've tried to download the Nik Collection from the Google site and it worked for me.

Google Nik Collection

Otherwise goto the DXO site and registered for the appropriate newsletter and you'll also get the appropriate download links.

Homepage - Nik Collection by DxO

And the try to reinstall the Nik Collection.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download again from Google, I am sent to the DxO page that asks me to give them my email address for them to send me a confirmation for the download.  When I do this, I get a message that a confirmation email has been sent to my email address.  However after doing this, no email has been sent to me & I have no way to download the Nik collection again.  The same is true when I go on the Google site as it sends me to this same DxO page.  I suspect it may be due to the fact that I have previously downloaded the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jedo64853918  schrieb

When I try to download again from Google, I am sent to the DxO page ...

When I open the link Google Nik Collection there's a download link for a Windows or a Mac version.

2018-02-23 19_23_23-Google Nik Collection.png

Have you take a look into your spam folder for your mail account? It's possible that the confirmation mail has been classified as junk or spam.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axel - re the confirmation being sent to my spam folder, I check & clean it out daily & nothing has come in from DxO.  I will see if I can use the Google link connection you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find the files created by the installer file

Then you have no problems-  just follow the procedure to re-link the Nik files in the Lightroom Preferences/External Editors dialog.

Start at Step 4. in the instructions at- Plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing - Nik Collection Help

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all who offered suggestions as to how to get my iMac to work again with the Nik collection.  I finally solved the problem by contacting DxO support directly this morning.  I know they are located in Paris with some activity here in the US but I got an immediate auto email reply to my email query, & then within just a few hours one of their support staff sent me the links needed for use with either Windows or Mac for their Nik collection.  Then it was easy to download & reinstall, & their installer immediately recognized my Photoshop & Lightroom apps.  It was also easy to add another install to my Affinity Photo app by putting all of the downloaded files in a new folder on my desktop & then use the preferences panel in that app to find the Nik files, including the binary ones, & make them available to be used by AP as a plug in filter.  So once again all is well with my Nik world & I appreciate the kind help that was give to me by all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW did you contact them?  I have wandered all over their page and have not been able to find a way. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or can you send me the link you have or the email address you used? Thanks.  Matt

Email address removed by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matthewq73854972  wrote

Or can you send me the link you have or the email address you used?  mjqfoto@gmail.com.  Thanks.  Matt

Do you have a question this forum community may be able to answer?

DXO home page  DxO - Simply Better Images | DxO.com   has a "contact" link at the bottom of page.

or this link-Contact | DxO.com

There is still a NIK page at DXO-

Homepage - Nik Collection by DxO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying,  I received a reply from DxO this morning with a link to download NIK for PS and was able to install it.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to use PS and am taking Adobe intro tutorials. A long way to go.  So I just replied to DxO asking whether they can send me a link for Lightroom.  Thanks for your help.  Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

matthewq73854972  schrieb

So I just replied to DxO asking whether they can send me a link for Lightroom.

There's no seperate link for a version for Lightroom. When you install the NIKcollection it will be available in PhotoShop and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines