• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

aligning offset borders in an image

Advisor ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am hoping someone can tell me what the best tool or method would be to fix the misaligned borders in this image, which was created from 16 photos stitched together as a panorama.  Unfortunately, the tile borders are misaligned on the right and left.  I tried using the Patch Tool and the Magic Wand separately to replace the inner image area above and below the inner line of tile with tile, but neither worked.  If someone can tell me what my best options would be for aligning the tile borders I would be most appreciative.  Thank you.

pano.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

In that case, you could select portions of the border that are aligned correctly and duplicate them.

First I fixed the dark spot on the bottom with Content Aware Fill.

Then selected the good area.

And duplicated it by Control (windows) Command (Mac) + Alt dragging it.

Repeated the same routine on the right side, although I had to make the duplicate piece a little narrower to match up with the piece below.

Selected the right side and copied it to the left side.

Copied the bottom border to the top.

Cont

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a selection through the area that needs to be adjusted and use the Edit > Free Transform command. If you hold down Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) you can drag each handle individually.

That should get you most of the way there. You may need to do some touch up afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The tile looks great now, but this skews the rest of the image, which was aligned correctly in panorama and is after all the lion's share of the image.  So I really don't want to have to realign the interior.  Is there no way to align the tile borders separately?  Or alternatively paste tile border above or below to create a seamless border effect?  I don't mind losing a little bit of the edge of the interior to do that.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you could select portions of the border that are aligned correctly and duplicate them.

First I fixed the dark spot on the bottom with Content Aware Fill.

Then selected the good area.

And duplicated it by Control (windows) Command (Mac) + Alt dragging it.

Repeated the same routine on the right side, although I had to make the duplicate piece a little narrower to match up with the piece below.

Selected the right side and copied it to the left side.

Copied the bottom border to the top.

Content Aware filled the white spot in the upper left.

Then used the Crop tool to crop away extra white areas on the outer edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant - thank you!  Can you please tell me what tool you used (I'm new to all of this).  The Quick Selection Tool perhaps?  Just want to be sure I get started out on the right foot.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quick Selection tool is a great tool and one that I use a lot. However, for this example I used the Rectangular Marquee tool to make selections of the border. To select areas to touch up, I used the Rectangular Marquee tool and the Lasso tool for irregular areas that needed to be fixed.

Photoshop has many ways to do the same thing, and there's no right or wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Crop perspective tool, clic on the angles adding points, then apply and it will automatically let it be a rectangle. But I think you will need to fix the image with retouch tools after this.Screen Shot 02-23-18 at 11.46 AM.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines