• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Photoshop from launching when it feels like it.

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have CC and updated to Bridge v8.0.1.282 x64 and Photoshop v19.1.1. Since the update, when working in Bridge, if I click on the gray area just outside of the image that launches Photoshop and opens the image in the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop. In Bridge I used to be able to click on the gray area just out the image area and I could continue working. I can't seem to find a preference anywhere which will give me back my control of Bridge and will give me back the control of when Photoshop launches. This recent update is a real time killer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Reset Bridge Preferences first:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Bridge Preferences first:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be the correct answer. I called Adobe and was informed there's a bug in PS update v19.1.1. Support uninstalled and installed v19.0. Told to wait about 15 for the next update which will fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. I don't recall any 19.1.1 bugs on my end, but many problems are caused by corrupt preferences and those can be user-fixed.

But what may not be a problem on my PC can be on yours', so downgrading is another good idea.

I'm glad it's fixed. Thanks for reporting back.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines