• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a paint by numbers script

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create an app that can see an imported image ie(a dog for example) then create an image, (Paint by numbers). It would need to be an outline of the colours, then numbers relating to specific colours in the area that need painting. Can it be done. My girlfriend has 8x Bichon Frise, predominantly white. She's pestering me for an oil painting of them. I'm not a painter but I could do a good job of PBN. Can you help. Does anyone make a software package that can do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be easier to Photograph the pups with a good camera and high quality lighting.

And then manipulate the photo(s) in Photoshop.  Copy the original layer with Ctrl/Cmd+J.

On 2nd Layer, apply Filter Gallery > Cutout

Copy 2nd Layer with Ctrl+J

On Layer 3, apply Filter > Stylize > Oil Paint.  Reduce Layer opacity to under 50%.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So cute, Nancy—is that your dog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I wish it was.   They are an adorable breed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aww... so adorable

Edit: Argh... last post here was written on February 5th. Sorry for kind of necroing this thread >_<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really good. NOW. Can you identify each segment and attach a number relating to that colour in the area segment, That's the trick. Using any recognisable pallet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAU_9170.JPGYour welcome to them, VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE.  Have a play with this image, This is one of the dogs, and this is RGB colour. Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop, Zoom in & use the Color Sample tool to get exact RGB values from sampled areas.

cutout-oil.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines