Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Busy doing nothing

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Lightroom CC 7.2!

I have lost count of the number of crash reports I have sent in. Must be approaching 50? The problem I am having is very tiresome. If I leave 7.2 inactive for more than about 3 minutes, it crashes!  Send a photo to Photoshop to work on it - Lightroom crashes! Look up a name on the internet before exporting a photo from 7.2, it crashes. Answer the door bell, it crashes. Make a cup of coffee it crashes. Answer an email, it crashes. I am tempted to switch it on and do nothing and when it crashes send in the crash report. Then switch it back on and wait for it to crash. Just to see how many times an hour I can get it to crash. But life is too short for that.

What is the point of adding my address to crash reports if Adobe are not going to respond.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't speak to why you haven't been contacted. Also, this is a User to User forum. If you want to catch the attention of Adobe QE et al then best you submit details of your crash to https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

I recommend you included the following as a minimum:

1. Operating System

2. CPU

3. RAM

4. GPU

5. Are you running Real time virus software?

6. Have you tried disabling the GPU?

7. Have you tried reset Lightroom preferences? See https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

The easiest way to provide 1-4 is to open System Info in Help menu and take a screen capture such as below

system info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines