Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom stops working after a few operations

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The last couple of days, Lightroom CC Classic stops working after a few operations. It doesn't freeze totally, I can still leaf trough pictures, change views and such, but it is impossible to flag photos as rejects, sync with CC, i.e. actually doing something useful. There are no error messages or other indications, it just stops working. After I restart the program, it works fine for a few more operations and then it stops working again. A few operations mean I can go trough less than 10 photos (often far less) before I have to restart LR. After restart, it does not start with the photo I was on when the program stopped working, but with the last one I was working on when doing a normal shutdown of LR. The few operations I get to do are saved, so I'm not missing any work, but it's a pain having to restart LR every couple of minutes as I have a few thousand photos to go trough after a recent trip...

What I have done so far (and other info):

• LR is updated (v7.2)
  • Camera Raw is updated
  • The size of the catalog is about 38000 photos
  • Windows 10 is updated
  • GPU driver is updated. I have also unchecked the "use GPU...". No difference
  • Set the cache size up to 70GB
  • Reset preferences
  • Disabled all plug-ins
  • Optimized the catalog
  • Created a new catalog and imported all photos from the old one
  • Optimized the catalog again
  • I have reinstalled LR
  • Calibrated the monitor
  • Read all the FAQs and threads I could find...

Does anyone have a good tip on what I can do to fix the problem?

Regards

Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Make sure that you have turned off

• facial recognition
  • uploading/synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile/Lightroom CC

Don't just say that you know these are not in use; sometimes these things get turned on accidentally, so you need to confirm that they have been turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have turned off

• facial recognition
  • uploading/synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile/Lightroom CC

Don't just say that you know these are not in use; sometimes these things get turned on accidentally, so you need to confirm that they have been turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Facial recognition was off, as well as address lookup from GPS, but not the sync. I didn't know that this function could cause such problems. I've done some testing now, and it seems to do the trick!

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines