• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need 2 different captions for same photo

Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved my website to Wordpress and I use Envira Galleries.  Envira can sync collections to Lightroom which is great.  I can also include HTML in the caption of a photo to include things like a hot link to my Etsy store where I sell prints of a photo.  The caption would look like this: 

Loch Venachar Estate <strong><a href="https://www.etsy.com/listing/595357545/loch-venachar-estate-free-us-shipping" target="_blank">View in Etsy Store </a></strong>

It works great but...  (you knew there was a but) if I want to share that photo on Instagram, I don't want that caption.  If I make a virtual copy and change the caption, it changes on the original as well as you'd expect.  So I either need 2 separate photos which seems like a waste or some way to temporarily change the caption to post on Instagram and put it back for my website when done. 

Suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

If I make a virtual copy and change the caption, it changes on the original as well as you'd expect.

Not only do I not expect this, but this is not the way MY Lightroom works, I have a virtual copy with a different caption than the original.

perhaps you have BOTH the original and virtual copy selected when you change the caption? If so, make sure only one photo is selected when you change the caption.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make a virtual copy and change the caption, it changes on the original as well as you'd expect.

Not only do I not expect this, but this is not the way MY Lightroom works, I have a virtual copy with a different caption than the original.

perhaps you have BOTH the original and virtual copy selected when you change the caption? If so, make sure only one photo is selected when you change the caption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I'm not sure what I did before but I tried it again and the caption on the virtual copy is independent of the original.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines