• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc 2018 won't open on brand new iMac

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, today I set up a brand new iMac,  these are the specs incase this matters ( 3.0GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz, 8GB 2400MHz memory, configurable to 16GB ). Anyway my issue is that I installed creative cloud and downloaded illustrator cc 2018 and photoshop cc 2018. Illustrator opens and works albeit slow for a new machine, however photoshop will not open at all, it bounces a few times on the dock and then says "not responding". I have set up dropbox on the computer which has taken around 350Gb of the HD, could this be the cause? I also installed around 2000 font files would this affect the adobe programs in anyway? I'm very confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Hold Shift and launch Photoshop. When prompted, "yes" to skip loading third party plugins. Will Photoshop launch?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What matters is not how much of the HD is used, but how much is left. Photoshop needs a lot. How much free hard disk space do you have? 8 GB should be enough to get started, it's a bit low for large work.

2000 fonts is almost certainly too many as well. You probably need a font manager (to turn them on and off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold Shift and launch Photoshop. When prompted, "yes" to skip loading third party plugins. Will Photoshop launch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works!  Can the settings be changed to skip loading third-party plugins by default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no setting to do this.

It's meant to be a troubleshooting step. I don't know how many third-party plug-ins you have, but you need to find and remove the problem ones from your plugin folder, or place a ~ (tilde) in front of the plugin filename to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar situation, only it's Illustrator that won't open for me, but Photoshop and my other CC apps do open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines