• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face Movement in Head Turns

Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've successfully got my puppet to talk, blink, wiggle his eyebrows etc. in a full frontal posture. I've also successfully gotten it to turn its head. But, even though I've included all the elements and I think I've arranged them the same way, I cannot get it to do any facial movements in quarter turn. Can anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

Martin

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 1.19.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure this is the same, but I suspect it may provide some clues: Why there is no eye gaze on Maddy puppet?

Basically, it looks like you have body views with a nested set of head views and I seem to recall some of those behaviors (like eye gaze and face) only operate on one view and not all of the views under the tree at once.

Reading the other thread probably provides a more complete answer, but essentially the fix involves (IIRC) attaching those behaviors to each head turn separately instead of only having one behavior at the top level.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks Dan (and sorry if I showed my appreciation for fixing my other problem by goading you into helping on this one), adding Eye Gaze behaviors to the other head positions did get the eye gaze to start working. But I'm still not getting any blinking or eyebrow wiggles in non-frontal positions and I don't see any mappable behaviors for those.

It occurred to me that maybe my camera simply wasn't seeing me blink or wiggle my eyebrows, but even when I Set Rest Pose in such a way to assure it can see me, these behaviors don't add on. And Maddy seems to only blink and brow in the Frontal position (after upping Eyebrow Strength and Eyelid Strength).

Are these just not features yet?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't gotten my puppet to blink or wiggle his eyebrows in anything but the frontal position. Has anyone had success with this and if so, would you share a frame grab of your layer structure and any relevant triggers or behaviors?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot this wasn't answered yet. For blinking or eyebrow tracking, the (built in) Wendigo template would be a good example puppet to compare against. It has blinks, angry eyebrow triggers, and eyebrow tracking with 5 face views.

It does not, however, have multiple body views and nesting body and head views can require using multiple behaviors to cover all the views.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dan. I'm going to be away from my project for a few days, but I look forward to checking this out.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines