• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Validating Software License Loop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this makes about the 5th time that I've completely uninstalled, deleted all Adobe files, and run the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner with absolutely no progress.  I download the Creative Cloud software let it do it's thing setting up and downloading and when it finally finishes I get a Creative Cloud window that just has a spinning circle in it.  Start task manager (Windows 7 Ultimate) and end the process Adobe CEF Helper.exe *32.  Suddenly I get a login screen that I can enter my info into.  Type that in and all looks good and I'm able to download for starters Photoshop.  Wait for it to finish and install and then I launch it.  Now it starts up and says I have trial software but have 90 some days remaining, click the option to login and it thinks about it for a minute then opens a new box that says validating software license.  Can't get past this step at all, just keeps checking then closing then popping back up.  I've tried the suggested fixes that say to delete the opm.db file from /Application Support/Adobe/OOBE but all that does is make me sign in again.  Any advice to get this software back up and working would be greatly appreciated!  On a side note, Acrobat DC works fine and never asks for a secondary login or validation, it even automatically logs me into my account with a list of all my files. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

It sounds like it might be helpful if you contact our support staff directly, please see the following link: Contact Adobe Customer Care. For additional information, please see: FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please perform following steps depending on your Operating system to fix this issue.

Activation issue Mac

1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then click goto.. type /Library/application support/   and click go.

3) To assign the permission right click on adobe folder and click Get info.. A property window will open. Then click on lock symbol to enable editing. Then click + sign to add your username. Then change read only to read and write. Then click gear symbol at the bottom and click apply to enclosed items and click ok.. Proceed to next step then.

3) Navigate to following location /Library/application support/adobe and Delete Slstore and slcache .

4) Navigate to ~/Library/application support /adobe/oobe and delete opm.db

5)Navigate to /etc and open hosts file. Check if it has adobe entries . If no its fine, if yes replace the hosts file with a new hosts file with no adobe entries

6) Launch cc app and it should work fine

Activation issue windows

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders.  (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

4) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe  and rename Opm.db to opm.old

5) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/   and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

6) Launch cc app and sign in .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, we might be onto something.  I'll have to go back through this tomorrow but as of right now I get error code 16 so I'll look back over the permission settings.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me, thanks! I was having the exact same problem and had similarly tried up to and including deleting the obm.db file which looked like it had worked then didn't. With regard to this fix, my computer (Windows 7 Pro, SP1, DELL Xeon, 64bit) wouldn't let me change all the permissions suggested - I think because I couldn't recall the admin password for it - but the significant part seemed to be renaming the various folders. I had been given a similar fix by Adobe Support minus the folder and file renaming, which didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thought this was working out but after performing the steps and even taking ownership of the folders I still can't get it working.  Instead of checking subscription it now gives me the "congratulations on purchasing Creative Cloud" screen with the option of continue.  When I click that it then pops up when a "sign in required terms and conditions of trial software" screen.  That screen loops back to the congratulations screen.  I miss the days of actually having and owning software installed and working.  Creative Cloud has been broken more times than it has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it might be helpful if you contact our support staff directly, please see the following link: Contact Adobe Customer Care. For additional information, please see: FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You support chat just sends people to this old thread! Not helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines