• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge will not open either from within Photoshop or from the Creative Cloud manager. If I uninstall and then reinstall Bridge opens but no images are visible in the filmstrip mode. Once Bridge is closed again it will not open unless it is once again uninstall/reinstall. Is there a way of solving this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version are you using and when you reinstall bridge what is the version level is displayed and what level does your Photoshop display as its version and what version of ACR does bridge show when you use bridge edit preferences camera raw  and does Photoshop edit preferences camera raw open the same ACR preferences.  Is everything installed correctly and up to date when you reinstall bridge?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 - Photoshop CC is 19.1.1, Bridge is 8.01.28.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that I cannot open a raw file from Bridge - it doesn't respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancel that last remark it now will open a raw file. And the Camera Raw is version 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you close bridge and the reopen it?  If not make sure it has really close down.  Use Widows task manager to see if bridge shows in it may have hung closing down.  If so force it down with the task manager and see if it will the reopen.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I have now uninstalled Bridge and then used Adobe CC cleaner. I have then reinstalled and Bridge will now open from Photoshop after being closed. However some images are still not available for preview in the filmstrip. It isn't possible to test all my photos but it is across the board raw, tifs and jpg, old and new. If I click on a blank thumbnail and ask for it to be opened in Photoshop there is no problem - the image opens. But I cannot see what the image is in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angie_tianshi  wrote

However some images are still not available for preview in the filmstrip.

Some are not available but others are?  Is Bridge pointed to the correct folder Can you show a seen capture that shows Bridge and  windows file explorer displaying the same folder the shows bridge is missing image files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Balance for adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try editing bridges preferencs goto cache section and purge its cache

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both of those but to no avail. I tried your suggestion of closing Bridge via the Task Manager, If I do this, then when I re-open Bridge the folder that was active in Bridge at that time becomes visible. Which would be fine if I had a small number of folders but with 4 external drives it is not possible to cover all folders in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have found the problem. In one of the folders that I couldn't see the thumbnails for I noticed a file -  'Thumbs'. This as far as I remember was a very old Picasa file and for some reason has been resurrected. (Just changed computer - so something in the transfer of files perhaps). I searched for all these files in 'File Explorer' and deleted them all. So far the folders I have looked at have been back to normal.

Thank you for all your help and the suggestions have been well worthwhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines