• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Download Acrobat Pro 8.0 E-License

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat 8.0 installed on my computer and it's been working for months without any problems.  I don't know what happened or what I did, but in the last week or two, every time I open Acrobat I'm being prompted to download an e-license.  And then when I try to download it, it tells me it can't connect to the internet ("The server could not be contacted to download a license."), even though I can browse the internet fine.  I purchased the product and have a serial number, so I'm not sure what's going on or what to do.  I've tried adding Acrobat to my list of approved programs in Windows Firewall, but that doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thing was replaced removed in 8.1.  You should try downloading the 8.1 Update to see if that takes care of the issue.  I think these are still on the Adobe FTP server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, but I can't find the 8.1 patch on the Adobe website (only 8.1.3, and you need to install the earlier updates first).  Any thoughts on where to look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I made it to 8.1.1 before I hit updates that are just Setup.ini files.  Where do those go to make them work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I figured out where the patch files after 8.1.1 were hiding, so disregard that question.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you got it working. Congrats! Older products often come up with some problems that we can only try to help with, but Adobe no longer offers any support. Our suggestions try to offer suggestions and feedback is worth a lot to see if we actually are helpful in any way. I my case, I just provided you the update link, Sabian's suggestion seemed to be the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get it to work. I have downloaded 8.1.1 and installed it.  It still wants the e-license!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unsuccessful with the e-license too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2362726

-includes a link to a special installer and non-activation serial number

-and help with problems https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2371957

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it all the way up to 8.3.1, and also tried running the exe in licensing_service_patch.zip with no luck. Any other suggestions?  I'm at 19 days and counting....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with the E-License.  I searched on Adobe Acrobat 8 (AA8) and selected the actual "Adobe" web page. I logged into my Adobe account and searched Adobe Acrobat 8.   For install or repair, I was asked to input my serial number....when I did the system gave me a NEW serial number. I was directed to delete the old AA8 off my system and re-install using the new serial number.  I did - its working - it installed vers 8.1. - I hope this helps, it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the exac same thing but now it's saying something about downloading elicense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I logged into my account to get my serial number. Then go to Download Acrobat 8 and Acrobat 9

At the bottom of the page, I chose Adobe 8. After signing in, I got to "Obtain a new serial number | CS3, Acrobat 8". I entered old SN to get a new one and saved it for the  new installation. I uninstalled 8.3.1 of Acorobat standard (you may have a differnt one). The page also provided a link for the file to be downloaded for Windows. It will go straight  to downloading through an interface software. The file downloaded was ACRO8_Win_ESD1_WWEFG.exe. Use new SN for the installation. I put my login id. After the installation, I could not register product for unknown reasons. I disabled it. I couldn't use the new SN to register on my account as well. But this installation (8.1.0) is not asking any e-license or saying .its a trial version. I am happy. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines