• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer and upgrading to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed a few weeks ago that had my Lightoom catalog and photos. I've got all my photos backed up to an external hard drive. I need to restore my catalog and I've also upgraded to the Lightroom CC. I was using Lightroom 4, I believe. What is the best way to go about restoring my catalog and getting it over to the new program? I'm on a PC if that is relevant. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Based on what you have indicated and reading between the lines, you probably want to upgrade to the Creative Cloud photography plan and install Lightroom Classic CC which includes Photoshop CC. Lightroom Classic CC is the version of Lightroom that still maintains a catalog on your computer and organizes your images on the computer in folders on your hard drive. It also provides capability to share collections of your choosing in the cloud. You can edit those collections on mobile devices, and th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to clarify. Do you really want to upgrade to that cloud-based Lightroom CC? If that is the case then the upgrade approach will be different because your catalog will not be compatible for the migration process. So please make it clear what it is that you want on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was the best option. If not, I'm open to whatever would be compatible/best. I would really hate to lose all of that tagging and keywording that I've been doing for the past 6 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you have indicated and reading between the lines, you probably want to upgrade to the Creative Cloud photography plan and install Lightroom Classic CC which includes Photoshop CC. Lightroom Classic CC is the version of Lightroom that still maintains a catalog on your computer and organizes your images on the computer in folders on your hard drive. It also provides capability to share collections of your choosing in the cloud. You can edit those collections on mobile devices, and those changes will transfer back to the master images on your main computer. This is a feature that you can use, but don't have to. The photography plan also includes the new Lightroom CC which is a cloud-based Lightroom which stores master images in the cloud. I have it installed on my computer, but have only looked at it a little. It is NOT designed to be used with Lightroom Classic CC. The idea of Lightroom CC is to have your images available on all mobile devices immediately. It is a new program with limited capabilities right now. It will grow and mature over time. Whether or not you use it is up to you. But I think I would recommend that you start by using Lightroom Classic CC and then branch out from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines