• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do my photos get stored?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi.  I use LR - a little - beyond that I haven't a clue how it works.  I load my photos to Apple Photos. Take a quick look and if I want to work on one I transfer it by export to LR.  I've recently had a big issue with Apple on storage but now have my photos on an external drive.  I seem to still have 8000 on my Apple - So are these there because LR wants to access them or will the photos I use be on the cloud?  I am seriously unable to work this one out.  Sorry to be so thick - don't laugh.  I'm interested mainly in SOOC work so haven't paid much attention to the technical aspects of this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are posting your question in the Lightroom CC forum. Are you really using Lightroom CC? The new Lightroom CC? The cloud-based Lightroom CC? What version of Lightroom do you have installed? We need to know the exact version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC - but the amount of GBs used seems to bear no relation to the number of photos involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is that? Can you please describe in detail what it is that you want to know? If you are using the cloud-based Lightroom CC then your images are being stored in the cloud. If you have configured your Lightroom accordingly, images can also be stored locally on your hard drive. How have you configured Lightroom? What is the exact version of Lightroom that you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am somewhat confused about what you are asking. It sounds like you're using Lightroom CC... but, what is your question?

We could use some more information to really try and help you. If you could answer JimHess' questions above and also provide us with some screenshots, so that we see what you are seeing... we might be better able to help you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines