• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with RAW photo import size

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this last update I am having problems with the size Photoshop opens files. I am a real estate photographer. I have been using this same work flow for many years. I shoot RAW, 3 exposure brackets which I edit individually in Lightroom before blending using a Lightroom plug-in called Lightroom Enfuse. I open the image from Bridge to Camera RAW, make small edits and then open the file in Photoshop. The photos are still 4288x2848. When they open in Photoshop, they open at 3%. When I hit Control+0 (which should open to fit screen) it reduces the file size to 2.6%. I am a CC subscriber and all my installed Adobe products are up to date as is my Windows10 install. This is driving me crazy, please someone share some wisdom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset Photoshop‘s preferences?

Win: Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after initiating Photoshop's startup. A box will appear asking if you want to continue with the reset, select "yes." If you don't see this, you weren't fast enough...Try again.

Mac: Press and hold Cmd+Opt+Shift then start Photoshop. A box will appear, asking if you want to continue with the reset, select "yes."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reset my Preferences and I thought you had solved my issue but it is still opening files at 3%. I have to hit the Control++ several times to get it to 25%. Form there I crop the image, hit Control+0 and it makes the image tiny again (3.6%). I hate updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, which version of Photoshop do you have? I'm at 19.1.1 20180206.r.254, Win 10 Pro 10.0.16299 64-bit. No problem at my end. NEF, CR2?

You can also install a previous version:

Previous Version 1.jpgPrevious Version 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PS version is 19.1.1. I still haven't been able to get this set up correctly. I was trying to set up a custom workspace. What I ended up doing is making changes to the Essentials workspace and everything works fine now. If I try to save the Essentials workspace with a unique name the problem returns. Scratching my head a lot lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where to find that complete version number but in my CC desktop app it doesn't show any updates available so I assume it is the same as yours. When I import to Lightroom I convert my NEF files to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NEF and DNG both as well. I’ll check DNG.

All that info info can be found under Help>System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, very interesting. I just tried that, and still no issue. Out of curiosity, are you running AMD, Intel or NVIDIA for CPU and GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CPU is a i7-6700k and my GPU is a AMD RX-480. I am just about finished with a new build with a single Titan Xp card and an i9-7980XE CPU and a 128 gigs of memory. I wonder if that will solve this issue? It has solved the weight issue of my billfold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’ll be a heck of a machine! Bet you were walking sideways with all that weight in the billfold.. LOL

Running i7-3770K, 32GB RAM, and an ASUS GTX 970. Still no issues here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all over my kitchen table right now. I would be finishing it up but I have a photo job due tomorrow so I am limping along on my old machine. I will send you a photo when I finish it. I really do appreciate all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good! Hope you get the photos done..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines