• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken Links after deleting bookmarks

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted bookmarks from a topic (clicked on the bookmark and then delete) and they are showing up in Broken Links. I can't figure out how to fix the problem. I don't see anything in the topic. One of the links indicates Topic_-_ file_-_ name.htm.#EQUIPMENT and the other Topic_-_ file_-_ name.htm.#USAGE. Under Topic references it shows an open book only. Does this indicate that the problem is in my TOC? How then would I go about rectifying the Broken Links? It's driving me crazy and I'm not sure if I should just hit delete or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your TOC has links to those bookmarks. If you don't want those TOC entries anymore, you can remove them via the Broken Links dialog that is showing the books. If you need to change them, then choose Edit.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must still be something (and it could be a TOC page) that still references it. If you right click on the broken link, can you choose Edit to go to the source file where the reference is? If this is a TOC page you should be taken to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click edit I'm taken to TOC Page Properties. The page title is USAGE or EQUIPMENT as the case may be. I do not see a bookmark under Page Destination-Existing topics. Should I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an echo in these here parts. Sorry Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This signifies that the TOC pages are pointing to the bookmarks that you have deleted. If you delete these pages from the TOC and save your project, your broken links will disappear as if by magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting the pages from the TOC can I then add them back in or will the problem return? I guess I'm wondering if I can add the modified topic into the TOC after deleting the topic that references the bookmark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed you can. Add away. All the deletion of the TOC page does is remove the reference to the nonexistant bookmark. If you add the topic to the TOC it will just refer to the topic (i.e. open the topic at the top).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marvy...thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I did as you said in my project topic and it didn't work. I ended up having to go into a Test TOC in my project to find the reference. I would never have thought to do that if you hadn't steered me in the right direction. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp