• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Classic backup folder no longer customizable?

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that beginning around December 20,2017 that Lr created a new folder to put my auto backups in.  It used to be that we could create our own folder and assign the backups to go there.  So I now have them in two places which I can correct by moving my previous backups to the new folder.  How come the option of choosing my own folder is now gone?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

OK, that works, but I have to choose Every Time Lightroom Exits.  Next Time does not work for me. 

Thank you Jim, I will make a big note about this for next time.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC. The Choose button is still on the backup dialog box. Isn't it on yours?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, mine does not show this window even when I click on the Back up catalog dropdown and choose Once a week etc.  there are no choices as shown below Backup Folder like yours does.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic 7.2 release camera raw 10.2 and win7 os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reset my preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you went to the Edit catalog preferences option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled2.jpg

This is what mine looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, change the backup interval to the next time Lightroom exits. Then close Lightroom. When the backup dialog displays, that is where you will have the option to change the backup location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that works, but I have to choose Every Time Lightroom Exits.  Next Time does not work for me. 

Thank you Jim, I will make a big note about this for next time.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, every time the backup dialog displays you have the option to change the location. It's just that changing to the next time Lightroom exits will force the backup dialog to appear the next time you close Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

axrtu  wrote

No, mine does not show this window even when I click on the Back up catalog dropdown and choose Once a week etc.  there are no choices as shown below Backup Folder like yours does.,

The dialog box that is shown in post #7 only comes up when LR is going to make a backup.

If you want to bring it up select "When Lightroom next exits" in the Catalog Setting on the General tabs. Close LR and you will see that dialog box.

Backup selection.PNG

Backup Dialog Box.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines