• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for cloud sync of video?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I empty my digital camera for pictures and videos I use Lightroom for desktop and then choose to sync it with LR mobile so I can go through the pictures and videos on my tablet.

However I noticed that my videos didn't sync to LR mobile. Is that going to change now with the recent changes to Lightroom? It would be nice if I could have it all shown in my Lightroom mobile app and I don't have to use Lightroom for photos and Google Photos for video...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Lr CC supports video. It stores original files in the cloud. You have probably been storing smaller smart previews in the past so bear in mind that video files will eat more quickly into your storage limit and you may reach a point where you need to purchase extra. Videos will also take much longer to sync (upload) depending on your upload speed. I have a broadband download speed of 100mb/sec but my isp’s upload speed is only 6mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC supports video. It stores original files in the cloud. You have probably been storing smaller smart previews in the past so bear in mind that video files will eat more quickly into your storage limit and you may reach a point where you need to purchase extra. Videos will also take much longer to sync (upload) depending on your upload speed. I have a broadband download speed of 100mb/sec but my isp’s upload speed is only 6mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure about that? I did not find any information about videos in the (sparse) documentation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't add videos to Lightroom albums on my Android phone, only pictures. This confirms there is no video support in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support is in the new Lr CC which gets installed on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon  wrote

The support is in the new Lr CC which gets installed on the desktop.

And on iOS too. It's not in the Android app at this point though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, you can’t edit video in Lr CC. You can import video in the same way as photos. Videos will be backed up in the cloud and can be viewed in Lr CC. Click image below.

LRccVideo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually posted this in Lightroom Classic forum because I was asking in regard to the classic version of Lightroom. I can see it has been moved since then.

Is it also possible to sync videos to the LR mobile in the new Lightroom Classic 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. They'll sync down from the cloud, but not up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading through the replies, am I to understand that my exiting Lightroom Classic library will only synch the photos, not videos to Lightroom CC?

If so, how do I get these libraries in sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos also sync to Lr Web. So I can play them on my Android tablet in a browser window such as Google Chrome. On iOS that would make it possible to delete videos from camera roll once backed up to the cloud.

You can log-in to your Lr web app at this link:

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using LR CC since the beginning on my iPhone. Just today I saw, that videos taken on my iPhone are not synched to web or desktop app of LR CC. Short videos (eg. 10s) do, but longer (eg. 3min) do not. Why does that happen? I have a fast WiFi and 1TB of cloud space left on creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

robertom48218215  wrote

Just today I saw, that videos taken on my iPhone are not synched to web or desktop app of LR CC. Short videos (eg. 10s) do, but longer (eg. 3min) do not. Why does that happen? I have a fast WiFi and 1TB of cloud space left on creative cloud.

I'd check that they're definitely in the LR app on your iPhone and that sync is not still trying to sync them. If that's not it, then I'd report it as a bug at Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines