Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting in photoshop - Image displaying as Chanel layers

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Creatives!

I've experienced something odd when pasting into Photoshop recently. It may be something i've clicked but cant't seem to find a solution...

I'm pasting an image into photoshop or directly open a photo or icon in photoshop and instead of the image displaying all I see is colours. As if I had selected 'Red Green or Blue' from the channels panel.

It is also dragging in other parts of what i have open in another photoshop document... If that makes sense..

See link for example!

https://marvelapp.com/8126if7

Thanks

H

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a MAC and it's a PNG image try this

Go to Preferences > Plug-ins and uncheck these options, then restart Photoshop

Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet

Load Extensions Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is a jpg however I did try this and its still the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off Graphics Processor seems to have solved it!!

Will this course another problem if I turn this off perminantly  though?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you copy into the clipboard?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive pasted an image from google into photoshop. Ive also opened a JPG icon that I have opened before with no issue in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Download the image or use a Screen capture,  If you downloaded what profile color space does the file have embedded and what color space are you editing your document in and how do you have your Photoshop Color settings set?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done both.

I downloaded and saved a black and white icon. I have used this before and problem.

I then downloaded and screen captured an image. Both are giving me the same result when i open in Photoshop. I used RGB when editing as i'm using the content for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines