• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LSEP removal within InDesign CC?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I am NOT our script writer/programmer, so please bear with me.  He is rather busy at the moment, so I'm trying to see if I can easily find the answer to this without getting him involved...

We've been running into a bunch of text files (mostly Word) that, when placed, import the LSEP character - which WILL print if not removed.

We can select one, then find/change within the ID find/change dialog easily.  It seems to be a glyph character created from  HTML code.  However, we script most of our file placement and preformatting, so is there a piece of code we can use to do this through scripting - not manually through the find/change dialog?  If you try to script using the unicode (U+2028), it searches for an infinite symbol ∞.

Below is a sample of what we're running into:

Members of Mount community embrace:

• Excellence in academic endeavors

• Integration of life and learning

• Respect and concern for all persons

• Diversity of cultures and beliefs

• Service to others

Any help would be appreciated and sorry for my lack of scripting knowledge!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that character in your screenshot (but maybe the problem is that it's invisible – then "yes! I can see it!").

InDesign comes with a standard script that can do a series of finds and changes: FindChangeByList.jsx. You only have to add your find/change to its data file.

But it is total overkill to use that script (or, as you are requesting, asking someone to write a new one) for just one single Find and Change operation. Do it once manually, then store it in the Find/Change presets list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pasted in the text last time.  Here's a screenshot, so you can see what I'm talking about.  This is from the Word file - and they are definitely NOT invisible! 

LSEP.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
I think this problem came up in the forum at least once:
Re: Hidden Character not displaying?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines